//So much has happened in the last 6 months since I have started this blog, and ultimately resulted in my long absence. The main reason would be that after my fiance and I got engaged last August we found out a few months later we were expecting!!
//He proposed at this amazing waterfall in Upper Michigan called Tahquamenon Falls and it was absolutely perfect.
//So I have no been doing a lot of this (sitting around) just letting my stomach get bigger and bigger. We just made it to 27 weeks and as the weeks are speeding by we are scrambling to get things prepared and in order for this little boy to arrive in July. We couldn’t be more excited!
//I do have this blanket I knit as proof that I haven’t been completely lazy while sitting around, but I also am fortunate enough to have a job that I can knit at during downtime. Who knows without that I may have never finished this in time! But I love the color it’s a really great olive green color, and the pattern was one I found on Ravelry that was perfect for my beginner status as a knitter. Previous projects mostly included scarfs. Maybe eventually I can work my way up to some cute baby boy sweaters. Arms and shaping are intimidating though!
/So as these next few months progress I hope to get back into the swing of blogging and keeping this space a little bit more up to date. I have been working on getting my Etsy back up and running as well so keep an eye out for new things popping up in there all the time. www.etsy.com/shop/Red3lephant
For those that may still be following along with this little blog of mine THANK YOU! I hope within the next few weeks as well now that Wisconsin weather is finally starting to warm back up to get out and get moving again and taking some photographs along the way. I’ve also got quite a few home projects and baby projects coming up as well. We just moved and lots of DIYs are needed to make this space feel a little more homey, so I will be sure to share them with all of you in case someone else is in need of a few new project ideas!
//Finally got around to updating my Red3lephant Etsy Shop with a few prints that have just been laying around here waiting to be posted. I’ve taken a bit of a hiatus from the blog here as you can see but I plan to be back at it again shortly with some exciting news and lots of changes! So much has happened in 2014 so far and it will be very interesting to see how the rest of 2014 goes! But lets just say I will have quite a bit of free time coming up to get on top of this blog. Thanks so much everyone that has hung around and I hope you are all having a great year so far!
//Over the weekend I had a little bit of rare down time and while cleaning up the massive pile of laundry laying on my bedroom floor I stumbled across this plain gray dress. I wore it the other day and happened to get a nice grease stain on the bottom hem of the dress while lifting my bike up onto our bike rack. I wasn’t even going to attempt to get the grease out and thought instead a DIY was in order. It is a dress I love to just throw on in the summer so with a stencil and some paint I think I saved it.
Essentially just took a piece of a pizza box and cut out a triangle.
For the paint I used Speedball Water soluble block printing ink
//Not quite finished yet but hopefully in the next day or so I can get it finished up. I wasn’t so sure about the pattern at first but after putting some of the triangles closer together and more sporadic, and I am starting to warm up to it. I think once it is completely done I am going to really like it. I am always a sucker for pattern overload. Overall the process was really simple, which means is the perfect DIY!
Pick out solid color garment ( this would work great on t-shirts, tanks or skirts as well )
Gathered supplies: Firm bristled paint brushes, Ink that can hold up to the wash, cardboard
Used an exact-o knife to cut out the triangle
Using the firm brush I ended up having to use more of a stippling motion when painting it otherwise it was pulling the fabric up and messing where I had the stencil laid out.
Once completely finished my plan is to set the ink with an iron. Just turn the garment inside out so you’re not ironing right onto the ink.
Wash and wear! 🙂
I’ll make sure to toss a picture on the blog once I have the entire dress done for you all to see.